FUMC Allen Charge Conference Update
September 11, 2016
A near record number of people (160) attended Charge Conference on September 11 to consider how to move forward with Vision 2020, our stepping stones and most especially Modernizing Our Facility. Dr. Ron Henderson, our District Superintendent, presided at the meeting which approved a motion to establish a building committee, hire an architect and capital campaign consultant to lead us in determining how to affordably modernize our facility.
The vote resulted in an overwhelming majority approving that FUMC move to the next step in order to determine our readiness and potential for raising capital to address 5 major facility priorities, which were presented in last month’s Town Hall Meeting and mailed to the congregation.
This next step will run through the fall and early winter as we survey the congregation as well as consider how the priorities might be manifested on our campus. The five facility priorities include
- Expanding our hospitality area to include and main entrance and welcome center
- Integrating, updating, and safeguarding the children’s area
- Creating a dynamic youth space that meets the needs of contemporary youth
- Preserve and update medium size gathering spaces for worship, fellowship, and study
- Update our sanctuary to reflect current styles while maintaining the sacredness of the space.
Given the overwhelming YES by our church members GFF Architects and Horizon Stewardship are now on board and will soon begin their work of guiding us through this early step of affirming and further clarifying what God wants for FUMC Allen. Stay tuned for more details.
The next Town Hall Meeting is Sunday, January 8, 2017, at 12:15pm in the FUMC Allen gym.