Many thanks to the Girl Scout cadette who, for her Girl Scout Silver Award, updated the costume closet for APT G: A Place to Go, FUMC Allen’s special needs ministry for teenagers and young adults. Her goal was to collect at least 30 costumes for the 20-25 special needs youth who attend APT G each month during the school year.
APT G will still accept your donations of old or outdated costumes; items must be in good shape and in teen and adult sizes. No children’s costumes or outfits please because the guests at APT G are typically sixth grade and older. Suggestions include the following:
- Dresses: old wedding dresses, prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and other formals
- Men’s suits: both business and formal
- Uniforms: lab coats, medical scrubs, firefighter or police outfits, graduation gowns, robes (for Star Wars Jedis)
- Halloween costumes: church appropriate please
- Accessories: doctor’s tools, hats, crowns, gloves, belts, sunglasses, plastic kid’s jewelry, and wands
For more information, contact Rev. Maxie Moore.