Dates have been set for this summer’s Project Transformation reading week!
FUMC Allen will participate in the annual reading program, Project Transformation, from June 27-30. This year we’ll return to Waples Memorial United Methodist Church in Denison, Texas.
Anyone age 13 years or older with a passion for reading and learning can join us as we travel to Denison and spend the mornings reading with at-risk children in a church setting.
To sign up, click this link: Volunteer Sign Up
All volunteers age 18 years and older must have a current background check and a current Ministry Safe certification. Both expire after 2 years and need to be current.
We can help you with checking your volunteer status and updating either requirements. Contact Rev. Brian McPherson if you are interested or have questions.
Curriculum Supplies for Project Transformation
These supplies are used to provide engaging activities for our children:
- Origami Paper – 9 Packages of 120 Sheets
- Popsicle (Craft) Sticks – 27 Boxes of 1,000
- Magazines – (As many as possible)
- Post-It Notes (Any size) – 18 Packages
- Pipe Cleaners – 9 Boxes of 1,000
- Toothpicks – 18 Boxes of 1,000
- Colored Disposable Drinking Straws – 9 Packages of 180