Join us for Olympic Fun at Vacation Bible School! In the spirit of the Olympics, we will learn about the life of Peter and how he stood strong to win for Jesus! Children will meet at the church Monday-Friday, August 1-5, 2016. Drop off is at 9:00am and pick up is at 12:30pm daily. VBS is for children who will be 4 years old through 6th graders (by 9/1/2016).
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES THURSDAY, JULY 28!!
Join our winning team in our Olympic-themed Vacation Bible School. Good helpers are people who meet the following criteria:
- Going into 7th grade this year and older.
- Love Jesus and children of all ages.
- Available Aug 1-5 from 8:45am-12:45pm
To volunteer, visit our table on SUNDAY, July 31, to get your assignment.
VBS 2016 MISSION FOCUS
Each year, we set up a friendly competition between the boys and the girls at VBS that benefits other children in their community. This year, our kids are collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald House and kid friendly food for the ACO Food Pantry for summer breakfast and lunches.
Here are some of the items needed at the food pantry for kids in Allen:
- Mac-n-Cheese cups (4-packs)
- Low Sugar Instant Oatmeal variety packs
- Fat Free Pudding Cups 4-packs
- Low Sugar Jello cups 4-packs
- Low Sugar Fruit Cups 4-packs
- Small jars of peanut butter
- Trail Mix (Dried Fruit & Nuts)
- Low Sodium Pop-Top Soups
- Whole Grain Sliced Bread
- Low Sugar Breakfast Cereal
- Shelf-Stable Almond Milk
- Whole Wheat Bagels
- Granola Bars
- Low Sugar Juice Boxes
All pull tabs will be accepted: soft drinks, cat/dog food, canned foods, etc. These tabs are recycled and the Ronald McDonald House receives the market value of the recycled metal.