The Adopt-A-School program officially kicks off on October 1, 2015, and is open to anyone who is at least a sophomore in high school. An Allen ISD background check is required to volunteer.
Two volunteer programs are available.
The Boyd Breakfast Buddy program needs volunteers who are available at 7:35am-7:50am.
The Rountree Lunch Bunch volunteers have a variety of times and grades from which to select:
- 10:50am–11:20am 4th Grade
- 11:05am–11:39am Kindergarten
- 11:15am–11:45am 5th Grade
- 1:25am–11:55am 6th Grade
- 11:30am–11:45am Pre-K
- 11:40am–12:10pm 3rd Grade
- 11:55am–12:29pm 2nd Grade
- 12:10pm–12:44pm 1st Grade
All potential volunteers have a few things to do to get started:
- Complete an Allen ISD background check HERE.
- Sign up as a volunteer for the Boyd Breakfast Buddy program HERE AND/OR the Rountree Lunch Bunch HERE.
- Receive an approved background check from AISD. An approval email for the current school year is REQUIRED before you can serve as a volunteer.
- Submit a copy of approved AISD volunteer status to the volunteer coordinator at FUMC Allen.