The Wells Fargo Wagon
These are just a few of the great songs from this year’s FUMC Allen Summer Musical, THE MUSIC MAN! We hope you make plans now to attend at least one of our six performances of THE MUSIC MAN: July 22-23 (two performances on Saturday July 23) and July 27-29.
Producing a summer musical program is much more than just putting on a show. Our purpose is to build community through a secular musical. Our cast and crew includes FUMC Allen members and guests, and we are still looking for more people to join us.
Experience isn’t necessary for the positions we need to fill:
- Chorus(Non-auditioned) Simply go where they tell you to go, learn the songs and sing: it couldn’t be easier! We need men, women, youth, and children.
- Orchestra For those who play musical instruments
- Stage Technicians On stage, but not seen, it’s like being a ninja! This position does require some lifting and assisting with set changes.
- Wardrobe Assistants Help put together and keep track of costumes. We may need a couple of people to help with costume changes.
- Lighting Technician This person is responsible for stage lighting changes, which means you listen for the stage manager to call for a change and you make it. Experience isn’t mandatory, but it would be nice. Must be computer savvy.
- Concessions We need one or more people to buy/gather snacks and drinks to sell at intermission.
- Concession Stand Two or three people to man the concession stand during intermission at each show (6 shows)
- Sanctuary/Labyrinth Decor We need people to hang flag bunting in the sanctuary and labyrinth.
- Ushers and Greeters Make our guests feel welcome and help them find a seat.
It takes a lot of work to put on a musical like THE MUSIC MAN, but many hands make light work. Please consider joining us for this rewarding summer experience. Contact Melinda O’Brien to volunteer or for more information.